I finally left. I packed all night and got some questions answered. My friend Jewel really wanted to pick me up, so I told the recruiter who was going to pick me up. He didn't have a problem with it at all. I would bet he was even happy about it. How fun is it to drive out to the airport? Anyway, I guess I also got an offer to get a ride from my friend Nara and her friend earlier but I said I was getting the ride from the recruiter. I figured the recruiter would cover all the grounds with me, but he said he would just take me to the school and motel. I'm going to stay at a motel room the first night because the old teacher is still in the apartment. Then I'll move in on Thursday night. The recruiter told me I should go to the school about noon.
I called the airline and my tickets were all in order. For international trips, they allow up to 70 pounds for each bag. But both were about 73 – 75 pounds. The lady asked if I could transfer all the weight into one bag to save money. But then when they looked it up, it was going to cost the overweight cost times 3. so the total was going to be 220 for the overweight bag. They said i was allowed two carryons, not including the cat, so I took out my day bag and filled it with books, and it worked nicely. A pain in the butt to carry around, but it worked. Then I got to Portland, Oregon. The first leg of the flight was with Alaskan airlines. But the rest was with Northwest. So when I got to the gate, I talked to the front desk because they said only one carry on was allowed. Then the lady said I was supposed to pay 80 bucks for the cat cuz it was a different airline than alaskan. But I told her the northwest rep told me i only had to pay alaskan and i was set. After a little bit of arguing and looking up info in their manual, they found out there's some deal with alaskan where they partner, so I got away with the 2 carry ons and the pet without paying. So here I am. I'm really on my way to Korea. I have 4 and a half hours left until I arrive in japan. Then 2 hours waiting and 2 hours flying. Then I'll be there. By the way, i'm writing this on the plane. I will post it later (probably after the night I get back).

1 comment:
wowee!! I wish I had your guts with arguing!! ;) Seems to have been a good trip mister!! Look forward to hearing more stories outta you ;)
Post a Comment