
Yesterday, Friday, I figured I would try to take out the last challenge before I go, which is to get a health certificate for Isis. My mom and I brought her to a pet clinic fairly near to home. It was really busy and it seemed kind of ghetto. I got the rabies shot on January 9th, which has to be at least 30 days old when I get to Korea. I'm leaving on the 7th and will arrive on the 8th. I was thinking I would change the date on the rabies shot so it appears to have been 30 days. I asked the doctor to doctor the rabies date on the health certificate. He refused. He also said they would check on the regulations for bringing a pet into Korea. We waited before seeing the doctor for about half an hour to 40 minutes. Then inside the office we waited at least 15 to 20 minutes while they supposedly looked up the information on the internet. The main thing I needed though was the health certificate. I told him if he couldn't change the rabies shot date then I would go somewhere else. So after some bad looks, we walked out of there. I was angry. It was a big waste of time. But at least my mom got some good shots of Isis sitting on my shoulders. Egyptian maus are known to be shoulder riders, and she definitely is that. By the way, there is a better picture with Isis on my shoulders, but her facial expression isn't flattering. But then again, I guess she looks a little freaked out in this picture too.
My plan was to finish everything I needed on Friday so I could go down to my friends' place on Friday night, spend the night partying, and hang out on Saturday. Then on Saturday evening I would go to my grandma's place to visit her for the night and hang out with her on Sunday. But now I had to wait on the health certificate. and I refused to wait until Monday because it's cutting it too close. So I made an appointment with another place for saturday about 11am. I decided to go down and party all night and then come back in the early morning to make it to the vet's. then go back down to visit my grandma.
So about 9:30 last night, I made my way down and had a gay time at the bars (and I don't mean happy). I got a few drinks and then went back to some friends place. I got to visit some other friends and my brother for the last time which is what made the trip worth it. Then this morning I drove back up to Riverside (where my parents live) and went to the vet.
Actually after discussing it with my parents, I realized that Feb 8 is, in fact, 30 days after Jan. 9 since there are 31 days in January. I decided just to use the real rabies receipt instead of my made up one. lucky thing too cuz they had to call the other vets where I got the rabies shot to get the serial number of the rabies vaccine that was given. So I got that all taken care of and now I'm cleaning a little and writing this blog before heading down to my grandma's. I only got about 2 hours of sleep if that, so I'm feeling like fainting here and there, but I think I'll get to sleep in tomorrow. So now I'm going to head down to my grandma's and tomorrow I'll hang out. Monday I think I'm going to buy another bag so I can fit everything for the trip. Then maybe sleep early or not at all. I have to leave for the airport about 3:30am. By the way, as long as I'm lounging here on the couch and typing this, I'll take one last picture of my view as I type this blog...

3 comments:
yahh!! Wanna see and hear of stuffz while you are in Korea!!!
awww what a cute cat
my cat rides on my shoulders too
i cant wait he goes in on monday
to get nuetered and declawed
yay
have fun in korea!
I miss you!!!!!! Will you post some!!!!
Post a Comment