Living in san diego is quite a change from minnesota. in minnesota, life is dull, but satisfying. It's not intimidating, but it's not exciting either. It's mild, and fresh in the summer and cold and fresh in the winter. It's really awesome to live in (especially northern minnesota). The only drawback is the lengthy darkness. I got so frustrated during college because I was depressed and could barely keep studying since I had no motivation to try. I enjoyed partying and being with my friends, but I put off my work because I had no drive. I only graduated by luck of my natural talent and intelligence. I would have been among the 60 percent of college dropouts otherwise.
I almost moved to California before I graduated but my grades werent high enough to be accepted into any decent school (namely UCI (university of california, Irvine)). And in the end, I wanted to finish school instead of going another year just so I could transfer half a year early to sunny california.
Long story short, I moved to California, felt better emotionally but didn't get the security of a job. Weird though. I planned on moving to california since high school, and my parents happend to move to california before i graduated college which gave me a perfect platform to move to california without the guarantee of a job. It made it alot easier for me to live here without the intese pressure of having a job. I sometimes wonder how I could have lived her without their support.
But now i have a job. I lost a love which I didn't have before I got out of here and in the grand scheme of things, I'm on a positive level. I feel negative in some ways because I want something that I dont have, but I guess that's how life will always be. Sometimes there are things you want but don't have, and sometimes there are things that you can't believe you don't have and feel like you have to have. in my case it was the second thing. But it will come again. But at least I'm on the platform for the next jump.
This time I talked about abstract life problems which we all may have, but next time, maybe I'll talk about more general philosophical ideas, which seem to be getting closer and closer to political ideals in the 2000+ (AD) years of the world. I think there is sometihng happening that is worth noting on the formation of politics in the world and ideals of human beings. But perhaps I will talk about that another time.
Take care...
Saturday, January 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Soulsurfer. Minnesota is too cool to miss. I agree with the dark winters, but you get used to it. It has the extremest of temperatures, which makes it oh so interesting!
Lets hear some philosophy!
Oh yeah, it's not impossible to get used to, but that doesn't mean you have to like it. And extreme weather? Big deal. I can get extreme weather in california. I can get warm sun in the middle of winter, get my sun fix, and drive 2 hours to the mountains for my cold weather and snow fix. I've got beach, desert and mountains all within driving range. So there! Minnesota is good to visit.
Post a Comment